Tuesday, March 3, 2009

God's creation

Yesterday someone told me of a story about a mutual friend. He said that this friend of ours had a rough time growing up for people were mean in saying things about him. This friend is sad because to his knowledge he did nothing wrong and did not disturb nor cause any problem to those who called him names. He did not ask for God to create him as he is. And it struck me then and there.

I feel his pain. I've been ridiculed when I was young. Well, all of us had. But this ridiculism becomes worse when I had a boyfriend that everybody seems to love. I'm answering your question now Elly why it troubled me that everyone likes him.

I did not ask God to give me only a brother as a sibling.

I did not ask God to be the younger one, subject to my brother's games when young.

I did not ask God to be active and creative outside.

I did not ask God to hate skirts when I started primary school.

I did not ask God to feel excited every time I was under the sun sweating myself - before.

I did not ask God to give me a feeling of excitement from catching tadpoles in drains.

I did not ask God to keep me comfortable in only track pants - before.

I did not ask God to give me such a loud voice.

I did not ask God to be an overactive child.

I did not ask God that adventures excite me.

I did not ask God for me to not care about my looks, my style.

I did not ask God to make me love running more than walking.

I did not ask God to give me the confidence to look guys straight in the eyes.

I did not ask God for a hearty laugh.

I did not ask God to be independent.

I did not ask God to be rough.

I did not ask God to be a leader.

I did not ask God for the patience to learn guitar.

I did not ask God to love rock songs - before.

I did not ask God for me to walk very fast.

I did not ask God for me to be a tomboy.

I did not ask God to be aggressive in getting what I want.

Yet, God bestowed upon me all these qualities that I treasure.


Why is it that some - most - people are shocked that someone so nice could like someone so rough like me? Why is it that some of my family members frown when I told them he actually DREAMED of a tomboyish girlfriend before? Why is it that most people have this idea that only certain types of girls can have boyfriends? God created me this way, which means for Him people like me CAN exist. Why are people questioning?

-C-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe in wat u'r thinking about. may God gives u the best.

Miszunderstood said...

that's mean..

jaa.. all my words, they're only teasing u.. u know how i sometimes failed in conveying my words & meaning..

but i do really, really think u complete each other (i know, i know.. cheesy amat)

i saw the good things coming between both of u.. really good things.. i'm a spectator of ur life journey and so do u..

yes, ppl say things & no matter how hard u tried to ignore them, they bugged you sometime..

but i so love looking both uf u together.. like ur ibu & papa ^__^

i so love that all my soon-to-be cousins are calling me kak yong.. comel~~

Syaza said...

alalala kak yong! i did not think of u pun time tulis entry ni! i kno u memain one :) u didn't frown, did u? 'sokay la, got some others yg REALLY critical. u, i'm forever grateful for all u'v done for me :)

-C-