Monday, September 21, 2009

Raya

Wow. I made it. 29 days of fasting, not just away from home, but also away in another country.

Wow. I made it. Sometimes we only ate bread, sometimes cereal, and then there were also days when we did not wake up at all for sahur. And I continued fasting as usual.

Wow. I made it. Most days I cooked. Other days he cooked. Once in a blue moon we ate out. There was no ayam percik or roti boom, but alhamdulillah, we were able to break fast nonetheless.

And yes, yesterday was Raya and it was a new experience. No big breakfast with rendang and lemang. No posing for pictures. No nothing. Just a simple morning breakfast of french toast with a bit of rendang. Then went for the Solat Raya at Schenley Park (Yes, it's at a park). After that we were treated to real rendang by Salim and Kak Yati who were graceful to entertain us at their house.



Simple, yet that's what Raya's all about. Celebrating a month of fasting and of being grateful for all that I have :)



On another note...I have a new baby! Well, okay, WE have a new baby! Her name is Lailee, which means "My Night" in Arabic. Look at her color and you'll understand why.



That's my baby! She's only been with us for three days but I know her so well already! She's very manja. She can' be left alone. Wherever we are, there she'll be. Most of the time she's quiet except at night. She's a very clever girl. We only need to show her litter box once and she knows where to find it. I love her :D

-C-

5 comments:

Atika Na said...

syaza... beli ek this cat? mahal ke? i'm planning to have one two...

btw... Selamat Hari Raya to Syaza and Rasyid. Maaf zahir dan batin.. :))

Atika Na said...

syaza... beli ek this cat? mahal ke? i'm planning to have one two...

btw... Selamat Hari Raya to Syaza and Rasyid. Maaf zahir dan batin.. :))

eliza dzulkafli said...

SHE'S ONE SEXY BEAST!

Syaza said...

a'ah, beli dekat animal shelter, so murah giler. cari la animal shelter dekat2.

hahaha smells, wait till i post a picture of her wearing a JERSEY!

Muniey said...

slamat ari raye.
sori sala silap ekh.

(: