Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lucky me

I am so proud of my husband. I am so happy to have him as my partner. He is the man I have been waiting for, because he has the same vision as me. We both believe that in a home, in a family, there should be equality, just as how I wrote in the post on the day we got married. There is equality in the sense that I'm not the only one doing the cooking and cleaning, and he's not the only one who has to assemble our new furniture. There is no such thing as a 'female job' and a 'man's work'.

I'm writing this as an appreciation towards my husband. He not only knows how to differentiate a vacuum cleaner and a mop, but he also knows how to use them - without complaints! And I know of guys who never even touch a vacuum cleaner. Some parents are so...'protective'? I don't know. But some feel like cleaning is the job of the daughter and their boys can sit do nothing (even if their daughters have things to do too). But my husband, he understands we are both students and thus, we should both do our chores equally. It is because of him that I promise to myself when I have my own boys and girls, I'm going to teach ALL of them to use a vacuum cleaner and the right way to put a screw in.

My husband is amazing because when I'm in 'my mood', he does not wait around but instead goes to the kitchen and cooks something for me. And no, it's not fried chicken with omelet, but tom yam, kuey teow, and once, nasi biryani. Tell me where can I find a guy like that nowadays? When he sees the laundry basket full, he goes to the toilet and washed 'em all. He does not have the mentality of that being my job and what being his job. Of course some would say that that's supposed to be the way since both of us are students, but come on, what about when both are working? Isn't the situation similar? Both have outside responsibilities so why is there still this mindset that man does this and woman does that? When I have my own kids, they're going to learn responsibility is equally distributed.

I am a lucky girl. I am such a lucky wife. Do I love this guy or what.

-C-

9 comments:

Rassyid said...

I really appreciate this darling. Love you so much ;') You are such an amazing wife to me. I don't think there's someone like you out there. Thanks babe ;')

Unknown said...

you are :)

eliza dzulkafli said...

i likeeeeeeeeee.

Syaza said...

thankies~

Miszunderstood said...

ok.

officially, i'm totally jealous.

SANGAT!!!

Norhalini Hamzah said...

definitely syaza.lucky u r.
u proved that, ~~student can manage marriage and study as well, splendidly!!~~

Syaza said...

kak yong, u'll find ur guy, insyAllah. deadline two years kan? ;)

well lini, pasal study tu kene tunggu result keluar hujung bulan ni dulu. hehe.

sulinn said...

=D awwwww

diana said...

i like tooooo :') makes me so happy to see my friends grow to become the beautiful couple that you guys are today :)