Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cuti-cuti Malaysia

Yesterday in class Mr Lee talked about the independence of Malaya. And as we all know, it includes subtopics covering the three major parties in the country back then (can't tell if it's the same now). One of them is MIC and suddenly I missed my girlfriends so much!!! What's the connection? Well, Adilah was one of them who loved to call me Tun Sambathan. Sometimes when she's really in a 'good mood', John Thivy. Why, let it just be between me and my classmates. So there I was in class and I texted her saying how much I miss her. And then Mr Lee also mentioned something about the Tugu Negara. Believe it or not even as a native KL-ite I only went there last year. I was thinking back of all the good times and decided to dedicate this post to my two partners-in-Cuti2 Malaysia, Adilah and Asilah (and sometimes joined by Hazimah)...





The first picture was of Adilah and I looking out of KL Tower. The second picture there was of the two of us again posing in the rain by the fountain. The three of us - Adilah, Asilah, and I - went there on the Wednesday after the last SPM paper. I guess we decided to go there because that was one of the many tourist spots in KL that I was actually confident of finding my way without getting lost. First we went 'trekking' at the Bukit Nanas Reserve and had lunch there...our take-away McD! After that we went to watch the mini cultural show at the lobby. We were laughing watching the abangs dancing and feeling awkward because of the intimate setting.





And then we went to the Tugu Negara. This is a funny story. Because, well, despite the fact for all three of us being KL-ites, that was the first time ever we went there. We were like "WOOO!" Because in the many pictures we've seen the monument it look quite tiny and then when we were there...look at the pictures! Our amazement of the place made us chose it for our high school reunion later. But the the best part of that trip was that on the way back...I took the wrong turn and had to go back to KL through DAMANSARA! And, guess what we had for lunch...McD!





It was December when we went on our cuti-cuti Malaysia and so we decided to go to the Eye On Malaysia at Tasik Titiwangsa. We had a good outing that day as you can see in the pictures the weather was just beautiful. Plus we went with my good friend, Xema, who is like the mother of all mothers of cam whore. She was a good photographer and she has the eyes of a creative director, sumpah. After that we went to Kenny Rogers where I got into a fight with the rude waitress there. Serious, my friends were like, "Okay better not say a word to Syaz now."



We also went to the Islamic Science Convention thingy at KLCC - Kuala Lumpur Convention Center. And to those who know me know how I am when surrounded with many many things not seen in my every day life. I did lots of stupid things there that I think only my girls appreciate my antics...





Those two pictures were of us going to KLCC and then later to the place near Ampang I talked about long ago where there were many monkeys! That was our last trip and after that something I really regret happened... But no worries, we're continuing our cuti-cuti Malaysia now! I guess as long as we're living here on this soil proudly called as Malaysia, we'll never stop discovering new things :)

-C

3 comments:

diana said...

haha, when i was reading the first paragraph i checked the date to see if i was at the right page. ingatkan tgh tgk archive tadi. u still remember all the details yeh? menakjubkan! and i see a glimpse of beijing syaza in the monkey picture...

roadtrip!!!

rassyid said...

Nape kwn2 awk panggil awk Tun Sambathan? :p

Syaza said...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY BEIJING SYAZA WAHAI DIANA?!?!?!??!?!

rassyid, awk tanye la adilah the next time u see her :p