Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Dead Pet

Dear pet,

Wow, I can’t believe I’m finally writing this last letter to you. I did not predict the time would be now. But anyway, I thought this might be the best way for us to part for I want our last goodbye to be perfect. I can't believe this is the last, you are finally dead. It took you almost…six months to finally exhale your last breath in my presence. And to tell you the truth, I’m not really sure how I feel right now seeing you…dead. You didn’t die in my arms though as I expected. You just went cold. And to think that there’s so much more things left for me to say to you.

Dear pet,

Honestly, it saddens me to the deepest of my heart to see how your life turned out to be in the end. You lived the lasts of your life full with disgrace. My pet, even if your stay was never meant to be permanent, you still succeed in humiliating me. After one owner to the next, you took advantage of us all. I tried feeding you with the best steamed fish I can get in the market. But what did I get in return? You only looked for me when you’re hungry and left for my neighbors’ houses when your appetite wanted something else…something more. You recently found out that your owner before me has found a fluffier and more loyal pet. Want to take a guess what have happened to me? Yup, I have found a much better pet myself. It breaks my heart how you weren't able to appreciate all that you have before we finally left you on the road, hungry and all alone. There were times when I could still hear you at night mewing, trying to get desperate attention from my neighbors and me. Why do you have to do that? You were much better than that.

Dear pet,

You will forever leave a mark on my heart. Forever. Even now after you have left me, after I have buried you, after all the roses I have left on your grave, trust me when I say I will always love you, forever and ever. Because my love for you went beyond what we did for each other. The fact that you were always - ALWAYS - there when I needed a cuddle was only a small faction of our relationship. Instead, I acknowledge more that you were a special and unique character I know I will meet only once in a lifetime. I still believe in that, even now after you’re dead.

Dear pet,

I pray that God will bless your soul and I hope, if you believe in karma, you will be reborn again as a higher being in your next life. Perhaps even…as a human.

-C-

p/s: This post is a response to this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg... i don't wanna be mean... but there's no such thing as next pet's in the next life as human... but don't worry, any beings we helped in this world will help us in the afterlife.

Syaza said...

hahah afiq! it's just a metaphore la! it's not a real pet la! hahaha :p