Tuesday, February 26, 2008

You think I was born like this ah?

I’ve been through this and I didn’t think I would have to go through this same old battle all over again here in college - this stupid constant battle I have to prove wrong. You want to know what is it that I hate most other than being disturbed during my nap time. People saying this: “Syaza…senang la untuk dia.” Since my school years, all the way till my SPM year, people have always said that. As if I picked my grades from some pokok mangga by the road or something. I know it is one part compliment but it is also another part annoying. I acknowledge that it’s partly my fault that people think so because I always repeat that I’m lazy. Thankfully though God gave me this amazing gift which is that I easily understand things. At the same time don’t think all these while I don’t work for my grades. I do, okay. Maybe less than some more deserving people, but I do work for my grades. Maybe I play more than some more deserving people, but I do work for my grades. Maybe I complained more than some more deserving people, but I do work for my grades; and don’t for one second think I do it half-heartedly. My point is, I work. I don’t eat my textbooks and magically remember everything. Therefore my advice is this: just do your shares of the work. God only helps those who want to help themselves. Ok?

-C-

No comments: