Thursday, November 8, 2007

Bubble; Final Episode

It’s dark. And it is raining heavily.

I wipe my face slowly with my bare right hand as I squint up into the sky. In the darkness, I can’t make out a single star. My hair is dampened on my cheek by the rain. I’m thoroughly wet but still, here I am, standing in the middle of this runway with a glow stick in my other hand.

…Oh I can see it now! There, there! My bubble is finally emerging from the dark! I lift my glow stick happily as I signal for it to land. I jumped, excited of the prospect of my bubble finally landing. But...wait!!! Why are you going back up there bubble?! It’s dangerous, bubble! Come back down to earth now!!! The wind is merciless of you bubble! …No, no, no, no, no!!!

I ran as quickly as I can for it but then, in front of my own two eyes, I saw how the lightning struck my bubble. It bursts violently. The remnants of my bubble join the rest of the coming rain. There’s nothing I can do. I stop and lift my hands; two palms up and squint into the sky. I'm late. I wait until it starts raining to call my bubble back to earth even though I know the risk.

I fall on my knees and cry.
I’m shivering, but obviously it was not caused by the cold.
I sob, but obviously nobody can hear me in this thundering rain.

Sincerely,
-Syaza Farhana Mohamad Shukri-

No comments: