Monday, March 17, 2008

Our Love Story

After the happy day I had today (following the rest happy days I’ve had prior to today), I was suddenly taken back to one of my favorite Lils’ entry which is on “Every couple has their own story.” :) So today, I want to share our story.

Everybody said we didn’t look like a couple early on. Their premature reasons were based on these: We don’t go out every night, we don’t SMS each other constantly, and when we do spend time together we like to talk about what’s happening in the world. But like Lils said, every couple has their own story and this is ours :)

We don’t feel the need to meet up every single night because first of all we see each other in class. Second of all, personally for me, absence does make the heart grows fonder and I surely see my past mistakes now: I don’t understand then that I am first and foremost a student before anything else. So I don’t see anything wrong with us not seeing each other every night if our reason is to study. I think it is romantic that we can NOT see each other yet trust each other more than anyone. (But of course after three nights in a row not spending time with him I would miss his company…)

Second of all, we don’t SMS each other constantly because what can you say every few minutes? I admit, at first I found it weird because I WAS used to SMS-ing whoever I’m currently close with every few minutes/seconds. But then again I see my parents and also any other married couples out there (I’m taking examples of married couples because they already stood the test of time) and they don’t need to ask “Have you eaten?” every few hours. But when I do receive an SMS message from him, it would totally make my day and nobody can take my goofy smile away.

Lastly, talking about world events? I don’t see anything wrong with it. It just shows our character and it is coincidental that our passion is on the same thing. Every couple needs to have that common ground, no? Plus, we save our cute-sy talk only when nobody’s around.

So this is our love story. It doesn’t have to be the same as any other couple, but that doesn’t make us any less a couple. ”Betul tak, ibu, papa?” :)



-C-

p/s: This is our story, but I do respect your choice of a relationship if you respect mine :)

No comments: