Thursday, October 11, 2007

What else...RAYA!!!

Wow! I could not believe it! I survived my first Ramadhan away from home... Like, wow... Although it's so much different here, especially the lifestyle, but I did it... One month... Fasting here was of course totally different from at home. Firstly, at home I would be woken up exactly at 5am by my mum but here...that's just impossible! ...Well…that's exaggerating actually :p I did it on the first day of puasa. I went to sahur with Taufiq and Sofiya, later joined by Zaim around 5. But I don’t know why after that I consciously decided to go for sahur around the allocated hour of 1am-4am. I guess it was so that I can have an undisturbed sleep? Besides that, fasting here isn’t that bad. I mean, maybe because I was so busy that sometimes I didn’t even realize it's already almost time to break fast. On the other hand, at home, by 5pm I would have already started going zombie around the house. Then, at home all I have to do is wait at the dining table and whatever food will suddenly 'appear' in front of me (Thanks Kak Nor...). Here, usually an hour to half an hour before maghrib my friends would start asking me, "What do you want to eat today, ah?!" And it's crazy having to think of that every day....

But then, I survived all that!! And I got to admit that I'm missing Ramadhan already for a few reasons...

1. No more excuses for me to go out late at night... :(

2. No more breaking fast with all my crazy and disturbing friends... :p (we would usually combine two tables together. During a few occasions we combined THREE tables...)

3. No more as much free time as during Ramadhan because I'm going to get busy again with LUNCH.

4. No more dates (kurma)...

5. No more FOOD PARTY every Sunday night...

6. No more gaduh with Nik about going to terawikh...

No more.....I don’t know. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I can't wait for Ramadhan next year here in INTI :) (And you already know one of the reasons Nik!)

But then, I should not be so sad since Syawal is coming around in less than ten hours as I'm writing this... :) And Syawal is a happy celebration that should b filled with happiness as we've won the fight against nafsu. And also because there's going to be the food..... Plus the cookies... The new clothes *cough*... But most importantly, I can’t wait to spend time with my family no matter how short-lived it will be this year. I can’t wait to spend time with Tok and Opah and the rest in Kent on 1st of Raya and I can't wait to get back to Ipoh for our gossip sessions after that. You people (my LOVELY cousins...) better have some real good gossip this time around!!! :p Seriously though, I am still disappointed that my friends are having one/two week/s off for raya but I only have three days... But it's ok I guess. At least I won't get caught up in the concept of Raya being a month-long celebration. Syawal (gosh the more I say it the more I miss my friend, Syawal!) may be one month, but Eid is just one day as that's the only day we're not allowed to fast. Never mind, I'm going to have my two months break to make up for this anyway. I'm going to do my heavy rounds of 'visiting' then ;-)

SELAMAT HARI RAYA!!!

-C-

p/s: Oh my baby, my darling, my honey, my sayang, oh my ASILAH thanks for the positive words darling. I really need to hear all that. Hearing you saying those things n in YOUR voice, it really lifts my spirit. I know I can always count on my homies to bring me back to life...(mcm lagu evanescene fulak...:p) Seriously though, THANK YOU. *hugs*

No comments: